A thick, creamy, delicious, concentrated homemade coconut almond milk. You can dilute as much as up to 1:4 with water and you will still have a creamy and healthy beverage for use in any way you like.
- 8 Ounce (oz) Slivered Blanched Almonds
- 8 Ounce (oz) Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 5 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon (tsp) Vanilla Extract
- Combine slivered/blanched almonds and unsweetened coconut flakes in a metal or glass bowl. Mix well to incorporate.
- Boil water and pour over almonds and coconut flakes. Add vanilla extract, stir to incorporate. Let rest 2 or more hours.
- Blend almond coconut mixture in VitaMix or food processor for 1 minute or so (I like to go a bit over)
- Pour almond/coconut mash into a nut milk bag or cheesecloth. Squeeze milk out and discard pulp (or use to make almond coconut meal)
- Pour milk into a large glass bottles or pitcher and store in fridge.
Serving Size 4 Ounce (oz)
Servings Per Recipe 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 143 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1g 20%
Saturated Fat 6g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0g 0%
Sodium 0mg 0%
Potassium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 5g 2%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 4g 8%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.