This gluten-free tortilla is quick and easy to prepare and is suitable for people who are eating a gluten-free diet. The original King Arthur recipe calls for chickpea flour but I substituted with almond flour as it is more easily available than chickpea flour.
- Place all dry ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk to blend.
- Add water, oil and egg to the dry mix. Using dough hook, blend the ingredients until a thick dough forms - about 1-2 minutes.
- Let dough rest for 15 minutes. While the dough is resting, cut out squares of parchment paper - 2 squares per tortilla. Spray one side of each square with cooking spray.
- Pre-heat a non-stick or cast iron skillet to medium heat. Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of dough onto one side of an oiled parchment square. Cover with another square and roll out using a rolling pin or pressing down with a bowl.
- When skillet is hot, peel back a parchment square from the top of a tortilla and place in skillet with the remaining parchment facing up. Let tortilla cook for 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook other side for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Serve warm or cool before wrapping and storing.
Serving Size 1 Serving
Servings Per Recipe 16
Amount Per Serving
Calories 132 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 1g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 15g 5%
Sodium 89mg 4%
Potassium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 14g 5%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 3g 6%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.