A quick and easy egg recipe you can make in five minutes Enjoy this healthy breakfast omelet with a few slices of bacon, buttered toast and a nice cup of coffee.
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon (TBSP) Butter or Vegan Spread
- 1 Whole Scallion
- 1/2 Teaspoon (tsp) Salt, Pepper & Tumeric
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl, add seasonings, diced scallions, and whisk. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium and add 1 T butter.
- Add spinach leaves to heated butter and cook until wilted. Add diced scallions, stir and heat through.
- Remove spinach and scallions from heat and add to egg mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Add the other tablespoon of butter to skillet and heat till melted.
- Pour egg, spinach and scallion mixture into skillet and let cook for 20-30 seconds.
- Add shredded cheese over top of eggs if using. Cook for another 20 seconds.
- Gently flip omelet over and cook until done.
Serving Size 1 Serving
Servings Per Recipe 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 190 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1g 20%
Saturated Fat 6g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 209g 70%
Sodium 300mg 13%
Potassium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 6g 2%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 0g 0%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.