This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
A creamy, tangy, and savory avocado mayonnaise you can use in sandwiches, potato salad, or dips. Heart-healthy and delicious!
- 1 large egg yolk room temperature
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup avocado oil divided
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place room temperature egg yolk in the bowl of a stand mixture. Add mustard and 1/4 tsp of salt to the egg yolk and whisk together until combined.
- Continuing to whisk in a stand mixer, add in a 1/4 cup of avocado oil bit by bit until the mixture begins to thicken. Whisk in ACV and lemon juice.
- Very slowly, stream in the remaining 1/2 cup of avocado oil, whisking continuously until blended and creamy. Whisk in the remaining 1/4 tsp of salt and garlic powder.
- Scoop mayonnaise into a clean mason jar and chill with the surface covered with plastic wrap, until ready to use. This mayonnaise will last up to a week in the refrigerator.