This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
Caribbean Green Seasoning
A flavorful Caribbean seasoning mix/marinade made with fresh herbs, spices and other aromatics. It's used throughout the West Indies to make delicious and savory meat dishes including pork, beef, chicken, and fish.
- 1 cup Scallions
- 1 cup Cilantro
- 1 large onion
- 1 head garlic
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh thyme preferably broadleaf thyme
- 1 cup fresh oregano
- 1 seeded scotch bonnet or habanero pepper optional
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large lemon juiced
- Wash all fresh herbs, pepper, and onion then rough chop individually. Peel garlic and add to chopped herbs.
- Add chopped herbs, garlic, onion, pepper, lemon juice, white vinegar, and water to Vitamix or another high-power blender carafe. Pulse in the blender until all herbs are liquified.
- Add salt and pepper to green seasoning and pulse for a few more seconds to fully blend all ingredients.
- Bottle green seasoning into a glass container and store in the fridge. It can last for several months without preservatives.