This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
Coconut Almond Milk
A thick, creamy, delicious, concentrated homemade coconut almond milk. You can dilute as much as up to 1:4 with water and you will still have a creamy and healthy beverage for use in any way you like.
- 8 ounces slivered blanched almonds
- 8 ounces unsweetened coconut flakes
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine slivered/blanched almonds and unsweetened coconut flakes in a metal or glass bowl. Mix well to incorporate.
- Boil water and pour over almonds and coconut flakes. Add vanilla extract, stir to incorporate. Let rest 2 or more hours.
- Blend almond coconut mixture in VitaMix or food processor for 1 minute or so (I like to go a bit over)
- Pour almond/coconut mash into a nut milk bag or cheesecloth. Squeeze the milk out and discard pulp (or use to make almond coconut meal)
- Pour milk into a large glass bottle or pitcher and store in the fridge.