This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
No-bake Date Fudge
This no-bake date fudge takes about 30 minutes to set up but uses just a few healthy ingredients. This quick and healthy confection is paleo-compatible and chock-full of satisfying fiber and yummy chocolate.
- Food processor
- 8x8 pan
- Parchment paper
- Double-boiler (optional)
- 6 ounces oz Dagoba 100% cocoa baking chocolate bar (may use a different brand)
- 6 Tablespoons tbsp food-grade cocoa butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 pound lb medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk
- 5 Tablespoons tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon tsp vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate bar and cocoa butter together over a double boiler or in a bowl over water in a saucepan on medium heat. Stir occasionally to fully blend. Set aside to cool.
- Place soaked dates in a food processor with a chopping blade. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and the heavy cream or coconut milk if using. Process until dates become a smooth paste.
- Add cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and process until mixture becomes fully blended – about 1 to 2 minutes. Be sure to stop processing occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl so all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Scoop mixture into a square 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper. Use a silicone spatula to evenly spread fudge in the pan. Cover with another piece of parchment paper.
- Place pan in the refrigerator and let set for 30 minutes.
- Cut fudge into 16 squares before eating. You might see some streaks throughout the fudge. These are lines of cocoa butter that didn’t fully blend into the fudge. It’s totally fine and doesn’t interfere with the flavor.
Soak dates for 10 minutes before using.