This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
Spinach & Cheese Omelet
A quick and easy egg recipe you can make in five minutes Enjoy this healthy breakfast omelet with a few slices of bacon, buttered toast, and a nice cup of coffee.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon tbsp butter or vegan spread
- 1 stalk scallion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper & turmeric
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl, add seasonings, diced scallions, and whisk. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium and add 1 T butter.
- Add spinach leaves to heated butter and cook until wilted. Add diced scallions, stir and heat through.
- Remove spinach and scallions from heat and add to the egg mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Add the other tablespoon of butter to the skillet and heat till melted.
- Pour eggs, spinach, and scallion mixture into skillet and let cook for 20-30 seconds.
- Add shredded cheese over top of eggs if using. Cook for another 20 seconds.
- Gently flip the omelet over and cook until done.