A creamy, tangy and savory avocado mayonnaise you can use in sandwiches, potato salad or dips. Heart healthy and delicious!
- 1 Item Large Egg Yolk (at room temperature)
- 1 Teaspoon (tsp) Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 Cup Avocado Oil (divided)
- 1 Teaspoon (tsp) Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon (tsp) Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon (tsp) Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon (tsp) Salt
- Place room temperature egg yolk in the bowl of a stand mixture. Add mustard and 1/4 tsp of salt to egg yolk and whisk together until combined.
- Continuing to whisk in stand mixer, add in a 1/4 cup of avocado oil bit by bit until the mixture begins to thicken. Whisk in ACV and lemon juice.
- Very slowly, stream in the remaining 1/2 cup of avocado oil, whisking continuously until blended and creamy. Whisk in the remaining 1/4 tsp of salt and garlic powder.
- Scoop mayonnaise into a clean mason jar and chill with the surface covered with plastic wrap, until ready to use. This mayonnaise will last up to a week in the refrigerator.