A cheesy, salty, crispy cracker that will satisfy your snack cravings any time of day. Made with nutrition-packed einkorn flour you can't miss with these crackers!
- Cuisine : American
- 4 1/2 Ounce (oz) Einkorn Flour
- 8 Ounce (oz) Manchego Cheese or Cheese of Choice
- 3 Tablespoon (TBSP) Earth Balance Buttery Spread or Butter
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon (tsp) Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon (tsp) Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon (tsp) Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon (tsp) Ground Black Pepper
- Grate cheese and set aside. Mix together crushed red pepper flakes, paprika, salt and black pepper.
- Add grated cheese, softened earth balance or butter, egg and spice mix to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until ingredients becomes a smooth paste.
- Add einkorn flour to bowl with cheese mixture. Pulse until the flour and cheese mix are incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pull dough from bowl of food processor, place on parchment paper and roll into a 12" log. Wrap dough log in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Remove dough log from fridge and cut out thin slices to make the crackers. Place crackers on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in oven for 18 minutes. Remove crackers and turn over. Place back in oven and bake for 3 more minutes from oven.
- Let crackers cool before enjoying then with a bit of fruit and/or cheese. They're also pretty good on their own.
Serving Size 6 Cracker
Servings Per Recipe 11
Amount Per Serving
Calories 166 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1g 17%
Saturated Fat 6g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 33g 11%
Sodium 317mg 13%
Potassium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 8g 3%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 7g 14%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.