This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
Einkorn Cheese Crackers
A cheesy, salty, crispy cracker that will satisfy your snack cravings any time of day. Made with nutrition-packed einkorn flour you can't miss with these crackers!
- 4 1/2 ounces einkorn flour
- 8 ounces manchego cheese or cheese of choice
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance buttery spread or butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Grate cheese and set aside. Mix together crushed red pepper flakes, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Add grated cheese, softened earth balance or butter, egg, and spice mix to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until ingredients form into a smooth paste.
- Add einkorn flour to the bowl with the cheese mixture. Pulse until the flour and cheese mix are incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pull dough from the bowl of the food processor, place on parchment paper, and roll into a 12" log. Wrap the dough log in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Remove dough log from the fridge and cut out thin slices to make the crackers. Place crackers on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 18 minutes. Remove crackers and turn over. Place back in the oven and bake for 3 more minutes from the oven.
- Let crackers cool before enjoying them with a bit of fruit and/or cheese. They're also pretty good on their own.