This no-bake date fudge takes about 30 minutes to set up but uses just a few healthy ingredients. This quick and healthy confection is paleo-compatible and chock-full of satisfying fiber and yummy chocolate.
- 6 Ounce (oz) Dagoba 100% Cocoa Baking Chocolate Bar (may use a different brand)
- 6 Tablespoon (TBSP) Food-Grade Cocoa Butter or Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Pound (lb) Medjool Dates (PITTED)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream or Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 5 Tablespoon (TBSP) Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon (tsp) Vanilla Extract
- Melt chocolate bar and cocoa butter together over a double boiler or in a bowl over water in a saucepan on medium heat. Stir occasionally to fully blend. Set aside to cool.
- Soak dates for 10 minutes before using. Place soaked dates in a food processor with a chopping blade. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and the heavy cream or coconut milk if using. Process until dates becomes a smooth paste.
- Add cocoa powder, vanilla extract and process until mixture becomes fully blended – about 1 to 2 minutes. Be sure to stop processing occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl so all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Scoop mixture into a square 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper. Use a silicone spatula to evenly spread fudge in pan. Cover with another piece of parchment paper.
- Place pan in refrigerator and let set for 30 minutes.
- Cut fudge into 16 squares before eating. You might see some streaks throughout the fudge. These are lines of cocoa butter that didn’t fully blend into the fudge. It’s totally fine and doesn’t interfere with the flavor.
Serving Size 1 Slice
Servings Per Recipe 16
Amount Per Serving
Calories 159 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1g 18%
Saturated Fat 8g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0g 0%
Sodium 3mg 0%
Potassium 138mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 15g 5%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Protein 2g 4%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.