This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
Low Carb Bread Made with Carbalose Flour
Going low-carb often means missing out on the simple pleasure of a nice soft loaf of bread. Now you can give into your bread cravings guilt-free! We created a soft, chewy, white bread that you won’t believe is low carb. Enjoy, plain or toasted – all for only 3g carbs per slice!
- 3 cups Carbalose flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons cold butter cut into small cubes
- 1 cup water warm
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix carbalose flour, yeast and sugar in food processor to incorporate.
- Put egg and butter in the food-processor with the flour mixture and pulse to combine.
- Slowly pour hot water into the chute of the food processor and process until it forms into a ball of dough (about 2 minutes).
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface, cover with plastic wrap and let sit 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and form into a loaf. Place the loaf on a greased baking sheet. Let rise for one hour.
- Glaze the loaf with an egg wash and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Let cool before eating.