This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
Low Carb Bread Made with Carbalose Flour
Going low carb often means missing out on the simple pleasure of a nice soft loaf of bread. Now you can give into your bread cravings guilt-free! We created a soft, chewy, white bread that you won’t believe is low carb. Enjoy, plain or toasted – all for only 3g carbs per slice!
- 3 cups Carbalose flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons cold butter cut into small cubes
- 1 cup water warm
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix carbalose flour, yeast and sugar in food processor to incorporate.
- Put egg and butter in the food-processor with the flour mixture and pulse to combine.
- Slowly pour hot water into the chute of the food processor and process until it forms into a ball of dough (about 2 minutes).
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface, cover with plastic wrap and let sit 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and form into a loaf. Place the loaf on a greased baking sheet. Let rise for one hour.
- Glaze the loaf with an egg wash and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Let cool before eating.