Crispy, crunchy, healthy and delicious! You can add these vegetable root chips as a side to any meal or enjoy as a snack anytime you're craving unhealthy, store-bought potato chips.
- 2 Whole Beets (medium size)
- 1 Whole Turnip (large)
- 1 Whole Carrot (large)
- 1 Whole Sweet Potato (Small)
- 1 Whole Plantain (Medium)
- 1/2 Teaspoon (tsp) Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon (tsp) Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Serving Garlic Powder
- 1 Quart Avocado Oil
- Cut, peel and slice all vegetables using a sharp knife or a mandolin to make thin chips.
- Season sliced vegetable chips with salt and pepper. Fry chips in a deep fryer until golden brown and crispy. Or coat chips with cooking spray and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes until brown and crispy. Or coat chips with cooking spray and air-fry at 400 degrees until crisp.
- Keep an eye and remove the chips that brown first before they burn. Cool before eating.