This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
Spicy Lamb or Beef Jerky
A spicy, meaty snack that great for anyone on keto, paleo, gluten-free or low-carb diet.
- Dehydrator or oven
- 2 pounds sliced top round beef strips or boneless lamb sliced into strips
- 3/4 cups worchestire sauce
- 3/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon molasses or honey
- Whisk worchestire sauce, tamari sauce, paprika, molasses, black pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder together in a bowl. Add sliced meat to a bowl and turn to coat completely. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 3 hours or overnight.
- Lay seasoned meat on the trays of a dehydrator and dehydrate according to the instructions on your dehydrator (about 4 hours at 160-degrees) You can use the oven if you don't have a dehydrator. Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack over the foil. Place meat on paper towels to dry off excess marinade. Discard the remaining marinade. Arrange meat slices in a single layer on the prepared wire rack on the baking sheet.
- Bake meat in the preheated oven until dry and leathery about 3 to 4 hours. Let cool before enjoying.