This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
Root Vegetable Chips
Crispy, crunchy, healthy, and delicious! You can add these vegetable root chips as a side to any meal or enjoy them as a snack anytime you're craving unhealthy, store-bought potato chips.
- 2 medium beets
- 1 large turnip
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 medium plantain
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 quart avocado oil
- Cut, peel, and slice all vegetables using a sharp knife or a mandolin to make thin chips.
- Season sliced vegetable chips with salt and pepper. Fry chips in a deep fryer until golden brown and crispy. Or coat chips with cooking spray and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes until brown and crispy. Or coat chips with cooking spray and air-fry at 400 degrees until crisp.
- Keep an eye and remove the chips that brown first before they burn. Cool before eating.