This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
This gluten-free tortilla is quick and easy to prepare and is suitable for people who are eating a gluten-free diet. The original King Arthur recipe calls for chickpea flour but I substituted it with almond flour as it is more easily available than chickpea flour.
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- Place all dry ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk to blend.
- Add water, oil, and egg to the dry mix. Using a dough hook, blend the ingredients until a thick dough forms - about 1-2 minutes.
- Let dough rest for 15 minutes. While the dough is resting, cut out squares of parchment paper - 2 squares per tortilla. Spray one side of each square with cooking spray.
- Pre-heat a non-stick or cast-iron skillet to medium heat. Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of dough onto one side of an oiled parchment square. Cover with another square and roll out using a rolling pin or pressing down with a bowl.
- When the skillet is hot, peel back a parchment square from the top of a tortilla and place in the skillet with the remaining parchment facing up. Let tortilla cook for 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Serve warm or cool before wrapping and storing.