Going low carb often means missing out on the simple pleasure of a nice soft loaf of bread. Now you can give into your bread cravings guilt free! We created a soft, chewy, white bread that you won’t believe is low carb. Enjoy, plain or toasted – all for only 3g carbs per slice!
- 3 Cup Carbalose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon (TBSP) Active Dry Yeast
- 2 Teaspoon (tsp) Sugar
- 1 Whole Egg
- 4 Tablespoon (TBSP) Cold Butter (cut into small cubes)
- 1 Cup Water (warm)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse carbalose flour, yeast, and sugar in a food processor to blend.
- Add egg and cubed butter to the flour mixture in the food processor and pulse to combine.
- Slowly pour warm water into the food processor and process until a ball of dough forms (about 2 minutes).
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface, cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into a large rectangle then form into a loaf by rolling it into a log and sealing the edges by pinching the dough with your fingers. Place formed loaf on a greased baking sheet. and let rise for one hour.
- Before baking, glaze loaf with an egg wash then bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Let cool before enjoying.
Serving Size 1 Slice
Servings Per Recipe 20
Amount Per Serving
Calories 72 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 2g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 14g 5%
Sodium 69mg 3%
Potassium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 8g 3%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Protein 5g 10%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.