Caribbean Green Seasoning used throughout the West Indies to make delicious and savory meat dishes including pork, beef, chicken and fish.
- 1 Cup Scallions
- 1 Cup Cilantro
- 1 Whole Large Onion
- 1 Whole Head of Garlic
- 1 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1 Cup Fresh Thyme (preferably broad leaf thyme)
- 1 Cup Fresh Oregano
- 1 Serving Seeded Scotch Bonnet or Habanero Pepper (optional)
- 1/4 Cup White Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon (tsp) Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon (tsp) Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Whole Lemon juiced
- Wash all fresh herbs, pepper and onion and rough chop individually. Peel garlic and add to chopped herbs.
- Add chopped herbs, garlic, onion, pepper, lemon juice, white vinegar, and water to Vitamix carafe. Pulse in Vitamix until all herbs are liquified.
- Add salt and pepper to green seasoning and pulse for a few more seconds to fully blend all ingredients.
- Bottle green seasoning into a glass container and store in the fridge. It can last for several months without preservatives.