A healthy, delicious tortilla made with Einkorn Flour - an ancient un-hybridized wheat that has a lower gluten profile than modern wheat. People with gluten intolerance may be able to enjoy baked products made with this wonderful flour.
- 1 1/2 Cup Einkorn Flour
- 4 Tablespoon (TBSP) Earth Balance Dairy-Free Buttery Spread or Butter
- 5 Tablespoon (TBSP) Cold Tap Water
- 1/4 Teaspoon (tsp) Salt (optional if using unsalted butter)
- Melt earth balance spread in microwave and pour into bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add einkorn flour, water, and salt to the melted earth balance spread.
- Using the stand mixer with dough hook, mix on low until all liquids have been fully absorbed by the flour.
- Cover bowl with a tea towel or paper towel and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until it forms a smooth ball. The dough may be slightly oily. This is okay.
- Pre-heat cast iron skillet or griddle on medium heat.
- Divide the dough into approximately 8 pieces and roll into balls.
- Line a tortilla press with parchment. Press out each tortilla, remove from parchment and cook for a few minutes on each side.
- Place a piece of parchment paper between each tortilla as you make them. This will make them easier to remove and keep them fresher longer when you wrap them for the fridge or freezer.
Serving Size 1 Piece
Servings Per Recipe 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 144 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 7g 11%
Saturated Fat 2g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0g 0%
Sodium 61mg 3%
Potassium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 17g 6%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 0g 0%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.